Posted to rec.woodworking
Lew Hodgett Lew Hodgett is offline

Default Sanding/Staining Canoe Gunnels

lwhaley wrote:

Hmm, I will look into that. I can an still get my money back on the
brass if needed since I bought a box of 100. The brass screws that I
removed have been there for 10 years.

Maybe they are brass and maybe not.

Since you are in MN, check McFeeleys or Jamestown Distributors, they
both have them.

The boating season is not so long in Minnesota. Most of the year we
are frozen solid. The canoe is in storage 99% of the time, to be
honest. We don't have anything but fresh water in Minnesota but we
have a fantastic resource here.

It's not called "The land of 10,000 Lakes" for nothing.

You woudln't call anyplace in MN a coastal area but they say say we
have more coastline than California and Alaska combined.

Also the furtherest North point of land in the lower 48.
An Indian reservation.

Anyhow, it's a large state and it is littered with lakes and
crisscrossed with waterways.

When I covered MN, made a deal with my customers.

If they sent enough orders, I would not come to MN from Oct to May and
if they didn't make the mosquitoes file flight plans, I definitely
wouldn't come between May and OCT.

Worked out for everybodyG

At one time they was a Marriott in Bloomington that had a brick wall
behind the bar.

I paid for at least two (2) of those bricks, but they would not let me
have them.

Lew