Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house

Default GAF Liberty roofing -- walkable?

wrote in message

That's why we aren't using shingles, it's a three-layer SBR membrane
roofing system.

But it's not a system I'm familiar with, thus the questions.

No, it is not a shingle, but made in a similar manner on top. I had that
put on one of our warehouse roofs for the same reason you are using it,
shallow pitch. We don't walk on it though, as it was not intended for that
use. Short term you may get away with it, but long term, it is not a good
idea.