Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Herringbone Tiling

On May 28, 11:47 am, Greg Esres wrote:
I want to lay brick-shaped (4x8) tile in a herringbone pattern. None
of my tiling or brick books show how to lay this out. I'm thinking
drawing diagonal layout lines spaced at what I calculate to be 6.2
inches along the wall, if my trig is correct.

Any suggestions on how to make this easier?

Start w/ the layout lines at the selected angle in the middle of the
field perpendicular to each other just as if it were even-running.
Make the first lines perpendicular to the selected angle spaced at the
proper location for the next running course. Lay the first courses
against the initial line and use the reference lines to keep the
pattern running even. When you get to the walls, trim to fit.