Posted to alt.home.repair
Tom G Tom G is offline

Default Workmanship Question - Legal rights

"Evan" wrote in message

"Old_Boat" wrote
Hired an insulation company to put foam insulation in my walls. The
installer had to drill holes in the outside of the house to put the foam
in. Long story short, he drilled 20 holes through the wall in one bedroom
all the way through, 15 holes thorough the bathroom wall popping off the
ceramic tiles on the inside walls, drilled through 4 side wall registers,
and one other place in the walls. They want to come fix it using the
same guy that messed it up. I am not comfortable with this response. I
know they tile will not be able to be matched as it is 50 years old. Can
I demand they retile the entire bathroom so the tile matches? Any ideas
what my legal rights are with this situation. Can I demand that they pay
for a competent company to make the repairs?

LOL. If this story is true, this is some funny sh!t !!!!!!!!!!!

As a side note...I just had a sunroom put on the West side of my house that
involved removing the siding down to the studs on a wall that had been
insulated with foam some 30+ years ago. Literally no foam in the wall. It
seemed to have stopped just a few inches from the holes that had been
drilled. It could have been worse. I knew a foam insulation contractor who
told me way back then that his guys had blown the inside wall out with their
foam gun and filled up half the room with foam before they realized what had
happened. He went out of business when people started having reactions to
the formaldehyde in the foam. Just reminicsing.....

Tom G.