Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Workmanship Question - Legal rights

On May 28, 10:45 am, "Sacramento Dave" wrote:
" if you look at this as if it is a first dent in the outside of your
brand new car, you know you don't get to replace the whole car
interior for free."

You're comparing Apples to Oranges

Yes, I'd say so. The correct analogy would be someone backing into
your car with a piece of rebar hanging off the back of their truck.
The rebar winds up making a hole through the door and on into the
radio. I'd say the guy is entitled to a new radio.

"you will be able to pay for a bathroom remodel out of your own pocket
someday using some energy dollars your insulation purchase has saved
you."

That logic defeats the whole purpose of trying to save money with the
insulation upgrade.

Not to mention that he has 15 holes through the tile wall of his
bathroom. He's supposed to just live with that, or maybe just fill it
with caulk, counting his energy savings, till someday he has enought
to fix it?

" a lawyer may not be the tile expert you want him to be."

He doesn't have to be a tile expert he just has to know what the contractor's
liabilities after damaging someone's house. Just a wild guess I'll go with
liability

I have never heard of such a dump ass way of looking at something.
How would you feel if some contractor damged your house?