Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Sump pump exits into road side...

On May 28, 9:34 am, buffalobill wrote:
On May 27, 11:26 pm, dean wrote:

My sump pump exits through a 4" flexi pipe that ends up down a small
embankment ditch next to a quiet country road.

Can I re-route my kitchen sink and washer into this pipe, to save it
going into the septic field? Or is such a thing illegal or frowned-
upon?

Thanks!

DeanB

generally no for kitchen waste. but ask a local plumber, answer varies
by locality on the clothes washer and the ditch owner.

Most places it would be illegal for kitchen and washer. And for
obvious reasons. Usually these little ditches along the road carry
surface water into streams, bays, wetlands, etc. And even if they
don't, if you have dirty kitchen water, with food matter, small meat
scraps, etc, what do you think it's gonna be like when it ends up in
an open ditch?