Posted to alt.home.repair
HotRdd HotRdd is offline

Default alternative to parge walls

Thanks

"DanG" wrote in message
It will be very slow if you are building much of layer. We often use a
texture gun for a final finish, gives a bit of an orange peel look.

Look up Thoroseal, read the application portion of this page:
http://www.thoroproducts.com/pdf_app..._thoroseal.pdf

--
______________________________
Keep the whole world singing . . . .

"HotRdd" wrote in message
Have you ever seen anyone use polymer modified cement that is sprayed on
with a hopper gun?

wrote in message
On Thu, 24 May 2007 13:25:29 -0400, "HotRdd"
wrote:

I have a house with a walkout basement and this year we ended up
removing a
lot more dirt and exposing the whole rear of the house. This means that
only
part of the original basement wall was parged. I'd like to finish the
job
properly but was wondering if there were alternatives to towelling? I'd
really prefer if there was a way to add colour at the same time. IS it
possible to use a modified concrete and polymer to spray on with a
hopper
gun? How is outside stucco applied?

Parging and strucco are basically the same thing. They just lay stucco
up in 2 or 3 coats. The top coat can be a different mix with color in
it, Stucco mix may also have some other acrylic bonding agent but it
is basically type S mortar. I have seen old timers "parge" using
nothing but portland and sand.