Posted to alt.home.repair
Old_Boat Old_Boat is offline

Default Workmanship Question - Legal rights

Hired an insulation company to put foam insulation in my walls. The
installer had to drill holes in the outside of the house to put the foam in.
Long story short, he drilled 20 holes through the wall in one bedroom all
the way through, 15 holes thorough the bathroom wall popping off the ceramic
tiles on the inside walls, drilled through 4 side wall registers, and one
other place in the walls. They want to come fix it using the same guy that
messed it up. I am not comfortable with this response. I know they tile will
not be able to be matched as it is 50 years old. Can I demand they retile
the entire bathroom so the tile matches? Any ideas what my legal rights are
with this situation. Can I demand that they pay for a competent company to
make the repairs?

LJ