Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

Default Drilling holes in PT posts

On May 27, 8:03 pm, "gntry" wrote:
Would a 10 amp 1/2 Drill motor be powerfull enough to drill holes into 6x6
pressure treated beams? I have several that I need to drill holes through
and I know my 3/8 drill would be toast after one or two...

Milwaukee make 'Selfeed' bits in all sizes that are a delight to use.
I've used the 1" size with a 3/8" (Milwaukee, of course) drill with no
problems. These bits are usually found at industrial supply houses and
electrical and plumbing distributors that cater to tradesmen. Might
be at some box stores, but haven't checked. Amazon might be a source,
too. HTH

Joe