Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Where to get bulldozer yellow paint

On May 27, 6:19 pm, Bonnett Decorating
wrote:
On 27 May 2007 11:58:45 -0700, dean wrote:

Who sells the dark yellow metal paint used on Cats and other digging
equipment? (My trailer is the same color and needs a few touch-up
after welding on brackets.)

Go to a real paint store. Very often they will have access to color
formulations not shown on the charts. My local Benjamin Moore dealer
(Paint & Paper, Emerson, NJ) seems to be able to duplicate most
everything.

For automotive paints, body shop suppliers and automotive stores are
far better choices than the traditional "flat work" paint vendors.
While some like PPG make both, others only formulate one or the other
and few regular paint stores deal with automotive paints. Not that
they can't duplicate the coulor, but it's readily available from the
right channels and formulated for the purpose whereas house paint
isn't...