Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Another Roofing Question

In article . com,
says...
On May 27, 7:51 am, Dottie wrote:

Also - my husband and I are unable to agree on something. He thinks
the shingles sold as being okay up to 80 mph are sufficient for us
(Tampa Bay area) and I want the 110 mph kind. The 110 mph kind cost
$1000 more (approximately)

I am surprised at the price diff., I would have thought $300-$500
extra for the hurricane shingles....How many companies gave you
estimates?

If the roofer is comparing the shingles I'm thinking of, the next step
up shingles with Certainteed are the Presidential TL. They're
considerably more expensive by themselves, but also more labor to
install.

--
is Joshua Putnam
http://www.phred.org/~josh/