Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair,alt.engineering.electrical
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

Default PS transf. to heat sink glue?

SparkyGuy wrote:

I'm not sure exactly what that band is for. It could be there to reduce
radiation of the transformer's eddy currents and thus satisfy emission
regulations. It could be there as part of the heat transfer mechanism.

The band doesn't look like it was soldered or a continuous strip that I
ripped apart (it's not *that* fragile, nor did I "gorilla" it *that* much
when separating the heat sink). I'll lay it down to the lams when I replace
the adhesive.

If it's not soldered into a continuous loop it won't do very much !

Graham