Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Rod is offline

Default H&S Assessment

Lurch wrote:

Maybe ask the person that wrote the report?

Indeed, that is being done.

I imagine all sockets would include a 30 mA device.

Assumption is the mother of all **** ups.

I wouldn't be surprised if there were no RCD protection, many
commercial installations only have RCD's on actual outdoor sockets,
everything else on MCB's only.

I did mean, I imagine that all *new* RCD protected sockets would be
rated at 30 mA.

If there is no RCD protection on the main circuits, wouldn't that be a
more appropriate way to enhance safety?

I really can't see everyone testing the RCD every time they plug the
kettle in. Would fitting them really make any difference to safety?

Why would testing them everytime the ketle is plugged in make it any
more or less safer?

Simply that is what is written on the RCD sockets - "Test before use"!
So, if people don't do that then they are clearly not complying with the
requirements in full.

Thanks for the response.

--
Rod