Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM RBM is offline

Default replacing light with outlet

You leave them the way they were. The two whites were spliced together and
not connected to anything. Leave them alone. Push them back into the box.
You only need to connect the two black wires to the new light. One to the
white wire of the new light and one to the black wire of the new light. The
problem is that they are not marked as to which is neutral and which is hot.
That's why I said to connect them the same way as they were before.

wrote in message
ups.com...
Basically, I only know what to do with 2 of the 4 wires coming out of
the wall. What do I do with the other 2? Or can I connect the 2 white
ones to each other and the 2 black ones to each other?