Posted to alt.home.repair
Colbyt Colbyt is offline

Default Installation cost of "porch ceiling" / boards

"MiamiCuse" wrote in message
I need to install T1-11 boards as ceiling in a porch area. I have about
800 SF of porch space and I was quoted a price of $6500 to install it
(labor + material). The labor involves cutting the 4x8 sheets to the
porch dimension, in some areas I have overhead hi-hats so those need to be
cut. For the most part it is pretty straight and uncomplicated. It does
NOT include the cost of painting the boards. The materials will be the
boards themselves which sells for about $22.00 per sheet in local lumber
yards, staple guns and nails. Now this works out to be $8/SF. This is
more expensive than laying tiles!

A follow up to this post. An earlier poster mentioned that you could buy
boards.

I happed to be at a real lumber yard last week and they still stock and sell
the real 5/8 x 4 x 12 ceiling boards not the double size you find in some
places.

Having already paid for my materials I did not ask a price of the yard man.
The purpose of this post is just say the real McCoy is still made.
Considering I bought clear pine molding for way less than the cost of FJ at
the BORG, it might be cheaper than you think.