Posted to sci.electronics.repair
bz bz is offline

Default White ink , fine tip, felt-tip pen ?

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in
:

bz wrote:

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in
:

N Cook wrote:

For permanent marking missing legends or other added comments to
black cased ICs.
Do they exist?, not necessarily Staedler or even white , just
something thats not dark red,green,black or blue, that stays on and
contrasts with black plastic.

I used to use a large sewing needle and one of those tiny bottles
of
model paint. i could write, if I took the time, or just color code
the parts. I had a couple dozen bottles I bought for 10 cents each,
in red and silver. Everything else was gone by the time I got there.

Fingernail polish comes with built in brush. Lots of different colors
available now days.

The brush is too wide to write on ICs with.

Depends on how you trim it.
And it IS fine for color coding.

By the way. Those colors are handy for marking 'look alike' parts when you
are building a kit. That way, you do not need to unsolder the capacitors
to find where you swapped a .01 and a .001.

--
bz 73 de N5BZ k

infinite set.

remove ch100-5 to avoid spam trap