Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Rudge Rudge is offline

Default Transistor breakdown voltage

"Eeyore" wrote in message

Rudge wrote:

I need a T039 NPN transistor with an 80 volt BVceo rating such as a

BC142.

My nearest stockist holds the BC141 which has a BVceo rating of 60volt.

If I buy a BC141 and test the breakdown voltage, what are the chances

that
it will exceed 80volt?

No idea, but specific devices are indeed selected by parameters from a

general
device group by testing, so you're in with a chance.

If the yield at higher voltages was good for that batch, you may well find

that
the '141 may meet a '142 spec.

What application is it used in btw ?

Graham

I want an NPN T039 or T05 driver transistor for use in an audio amplifier.
The supply rail is 75volt. Quiesent current is about 10ma I think. 1 Watt
dissipation at 25 C. The original was an RCA 39252 (which I have no data on)
or a 2N2102. They may have been selected to to work at 75volt.

Many thanks,
Rudge