Posted to rec.woodworking
J T J T is offline

Default Semi OT - Dremel Moto-Saw

Sun, May 27, 2007, 4:47am (EDT+4)
(Lobby*Dosser) doth say:
snip My thing was mid 50s Shopsmiths, Sent away for the Literature
from Mechanix Illustrated. Salesman showed up at the door and my mother
showed him the road. I finally bought one when I was nearing 50. Wasn't
nearly as good as I expected.

Not sure when I firtst heard about Shopsmith, but it sure wasn't in
te '50s. Later, when I finally got my shop, I'd seen demos and tought
one would work well in my small shop, and found a great deal on a used
one. Well, it did work well. Especially after it was painted yellow.
But it got to be a real PITA to change back and forth, especially after
I figured how to make space for separate tools. So sold it for a slight
profit. Good machine tho, and if 'I'd had less space might well still
have it. Grrreat horizontal drill press.

JOAT
What is life without challenge and a constant stream of new
humiliations?
- Peter Egan