Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default newly installed central ac Options

On 26 May 2007 17:44:23 -0700, Djavdet wrote:

Hi everyone,
I got my central ac installed recently. i have nearly 2K sqf 2 story
house and contractor said that trane 2 1/2 ton should be enough to

BTW, the people here all agree in prior threads that it is not good to
put in too big an AC either. So it sounds from the others like you
have about the right size, so if that is so, don't be thinking I could
have just gotten a bigger one and that would have solved it. Too big
has its own problems.

cool it at summer time. They also said that they guarantee 20F
difference after ac is on. Well, i run it now and can't get even 5F
difference in the house.. i'm just wondering what is the normal
expectation from 2.5 ton unit should be? can it perform to cool down
temperature till 70F when outside temperature is 80-85F?

Sorry you did say what the outside temp was. And I was wrong to count
on that so much, as CJT explained.

there is no icing on the pipes coming out from compressor i don't
know
there should be any ice at all...
i'm kinda disappointed with it especially remembering that i paid $4k
to install it....
Thanks