Old Nick

Default Chain tensioner ideas

On Thu, 25 Mar 2004 01:02:51 GMT, Anthony
vaguely proposed a theory
.......and in reply I say!:

I have modified the whole frame that the chain runs in. I will only
need to tension the slack side now.

Thanks for all the help, guys. I realise I am not going to directly
use it all. But the bit about the drive side having all that force
decided me to "simply" (BAH! It never is!G) mod the setup a bit.

whatever you use on the drive side to run against the chain, you really
should think about a ratcheting or hydraulic locking method of keeping
the tensioner tensioned. The idle side has no real pressure on it
(unless it's reversing), the drive side does. A spring taunt enough to
adequately control whip at start/stop may put too much added load on the
chain.

..........no I'm not!

Does Bill Gates dream of electronic sheep?