Posted to alt.home.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default newly installed central ac Options

"Djavdet" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi everyone,
I got my central ac installed recently. i have nearly 2K sqf 2 story
house and contractor said that trane 2 1/2 ton should be enough to
cool it at summer time. They also said that they guarantee 20F
difference after ac is on. Well, i run it now and can't get even 5F
difference in the house.. i'm just wondering what is the normal
expectation from 2.5 ton unit should be? can it perform to cool down
temperature till 70F when outside temperature is 80-85F?
there is no icing on the pipes coming out from compressor i don't
know
there should be any ice at all...
i'm kinda disappointed with it especially remembering that i paid $4k
to install it....
Thanks

Depending on where you are located , a 2.5 ton unit should be enough if you
have good insulation in the house. This time of year it is maybe 85 to 90
deg in the hotter areas. You should be able to get to 70 deg without any
problem.

My house is slightly under 2000 sqft and I have a Trane 2.5 ton heatpump and
it has no problem getting to 74 deg on the 95 deg days of summer, and I keep
it on 70 to72 deg in the winter with no problem or having the heat strips
kick in.