Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default newly installed central ac Options

Djavdet wrote:
Hi everyone,
I got my central ac installed recently. i have nearly 2K sqf 2 story
house and contractor said that trane 2 1/2 ton should be enough to
cool it at summer time. They also said that they guarantee 20F
difference after ac is on. Well, i run it now and can't get even 5F
difference in the house.. i'm just wondering what is the normal
expectation from 2.5 ton unit should be? can it perform to cool down
temperature till 70F when outside temperature is 80-85F?
there is no icing on the pipes coming out from compressor i don't
know
there should be any ice at all...
i'm kinda disappointed with it especially remembering that i paid $4k
to install it....
Thanks

Hi,
Do you have good air flow? What is blower size(in Hp)?
My house is R2000 spec 2.4K sqf 2 story. 3 ton unit is just doing fine.