Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Help with clogged tub drain UPDATE (STILL CLOGGED)

On May 26, 8:39�pm, JH wrote:
Ooops...2) Should have read that I took that I
took the stopper out.

I tried the garden hose...didn't work

I'm trying the shop vac thing...so far it doesn't
look too promising... *

On Sat, 26 May 2007 22:40:55 GMT, JH

wrote:
*Today the tub refuses to drain, even a little
bit. I tried the following and none worked;

1) plunger (while trying to block the overflow
hole)
2) taking the thingy out the switches from shower
to tub mode
3) snaking the drain by hand, both from the drain
and the overflow hole
4) vinegar and baking powder
5) boiling water

None are working! Any other ideas?

Thanks in advance!- Hide quoted text -

it depends on where clog is.....

if its far downsteam a small hand snake wouldnt work.

did you snake down the opening where the drain shut off goes?