Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren Oren is offline

Default Bumpers and/or support blocks...

On 25 May 2007 15:06:41 -0700, dpb wrote:

The magnet/bracket is present...

So you have parts 1 - 4? Is 2,3 and 4 actually riveted together?

Yes, and yes...

Just guessing that 2 magnetically "sticks" to the hood?

Would if there were something magnetic on the hood...

I was guessing that if 2 was not riveted with 3 and 4, then it might
mount under the hood.( wrong ).

Is 7 the bumper pad you need?

No, that's a side panel sticky-back cushion -- I've replaced all of
those that were missing. What I was looking to replace (? or maybe
have a modification for the first time?) is a set of bumpers to mount
on the hood that would sit on the top of the fuel tank trough to hold
the hood up off the firewall (part 5, partition). As it is now, it
lays low enough the corners are wearing through from the sharp
edges...

The most peculiar thing is if you go to "Hood and Grille" note there
are no addons to the hood at the driver's end shown, only the hinges.
Where the bosses are that the hinges fasten to the studs are shown, on
the hood there are actually two (or maybe four?) more at the other end
that aren't even shown...that's where the magnet is located physically
but there ain't nothing for it to "mag"...

It is a good riddle. :-))

Anyway, thanks for looking and seeing (at least so far) the same thing
I have seen...

For the hood bumpers; instead of the threaded poly ($) I was thinking
something like what is used under auto hoods and might be cheap at a
salvage yard.

It you solve the riddle with JD it would be interesting how it pans
out.

--
Oren