Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] tom_sawyer70@yahoo.com is offline

Default Sump pump burnt?

Last fall we had a major storm and were without power for several
days. I bought a generator and a portable, submersible sump.

The regular sump is acting strange...from time to time it stops
pumping, but if I unplug and replug it in, it starts to work again.
When I noticed it this morning, I decided to use the portable to help
pump out the volume of water that had accumulated. The portable sump
is not pumping, but the body of the unit heats up.

There doesn't appear to be much to service on the unit, but I wanted
to ask to see if there was a part or two that I may be able to replace
rather than toss an $80 pump after basically one use.

TIA.
Dave