Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Gary Tait Gary Tait is offline

Default Battery Powered Digital Thermostat for window unit

Ethan wrote in
oups.com:

I currently have a 110 AC unit that I have in my bedroom. The
thermostat in the unit is not digital and is effected by the outside
temp. I have a Hunter 44260 battery powered digital thermostat
http://www.hunterfan.com/pages/produ...=thermo&model=

442
60&productId=18&pageID=7....Is there a way that I can set the
thermostat up to an AC outlet that I plug the window unit into that
would switch the power on and off to the outlet? The thermostat has
the following connections G RC RH Y and W. Here is a website to a
setup similar to what I am trying to do but it is not a battery
powered thermostat.
http://www.instructables.com/id/EU6D...GF10/?ALLSTEPS If anyone
has any suggestions it would be much appreciated.

You need a relay with contacts capable of controlling that unit, and a
24VAC coil and a 24V trasnformer. You MIGHT be able to get a burner
control from a furnace to operate it (short the eye). I have a typical
24V electronic wall thermostat controlling a cooling fan that way (but
not an A/C).

I have mine connected to Brown (RC) and yellow, with red (RH) and brown
(RC) jumpered.
Check the manual for yours to be sure