Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Gary Tait Gary Tait is offline

Default Sony DVD player update

"Arfa Daily" wrote in
:

Yes, Gary - you're quite right now I come to think of it. It also gets
known as a Euro connector, which is of course a dead giveaway -
although I'm sure I have seen scart accessories in Walmart over there,

You may have seen V-port, or some other game console specific connector.
The only Scart I've seen is in some imported DVB satellite receiver or
perhaps DVD palyers. Equipment mass manufactured for the US market just
doesn't have SCART installed. I have seen empty spots on boards for
SCART connectors though, in some gear.

It's beginning to be superseded by
HDMI now, which I think is a bit more world wide.

Yes, HDMI is being incorporated into new digital sets and set top boxes.

Arfa