Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Ethan Ethan is offline

Default Battery Powered Digital Thermostat for window unit

On May 25, 10:57 pm, mike wrote:
Ethan wrote:
I currently have a 110 AC unit that I have in my bedroom. The
thermostat in the unit is not digital and is effected by the outside
temp. I have a Hunter 44260 battery powered digital thermostat
http://www.hunterfan.com/pages/produ...thermo&model=4...
there a way that I can set the thermostat up to an AC outlet that I
plug the window unit into that would switch the power on and off to
the outlet? The thermostat has the following connections G RC RH Y and
W. Here is a website to a setup similar to what I am trying to do but
it is not a battery powered thermostat.http://www.instructables.com/id/EU6D...GF10/?ALLSTEPS
If anyone has any suggestions it would be much appreciated.

The short answer is, "don't do it."

is effected by the outside
temp

Can you be more specific about the above statement?

Take a shot at removing the cause of your problem with shading,
insulation, etc.

Aside from the legal and safety issues mentioned in another response,
there are issues with compressors.
If you switch it on and off without regard to internal pressure at the
time of starting, you run the risk of eventually smoking your compressor.
mike

--
Return address is VALID!
Bunch-O-Stuff Forsale Hehttp://mike.liveline.de/sale.html