Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon Leon is offline

Default Dresser Side Panel Question

"Stoutman" .@. wrote in message

I totally agree that plywood would be more stable and easier, however I
feel that the grain of plywood sometimes does not look natural. This is
the primary reason that I want to go with solid stock.

Keep in mind, and this also has to do with your particular location, that
you can get several type cuts for the grain on the surface of a piece of
plywood. Riff and rotary come to mind. HD is not going to have the
variety that a good lumber supply will have available to you.

Either way, if you prefer the solid wood 1/4" will be plenty.