Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Question on CAC A-coil

It's normal for the upper and lower to be a few degrees
different. If part of the coil is room temp, you may be low on
freon.

If it's cooling the house OK, don't worry about it. Otherwise,
call a HVAC service company.

You may have to upgrade from CAC to EAC, or even FAC. The new
energy standards are much higher. (grin here). I think they
stopped selling BAC in 1994. (wink, wink).

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

"Mikepier" wrote in message
ups.com...
: I have a combo furnace with an A-coil mounted on top for CAC. I
turned
: on my unit for the first time yesterday and I was checking out
the
: system, and I noticed that the upper part of the A-coil was not
as
: cold as the lower part. The pipes were cold and there was
condensate
: dripping, it just seemed that lower part was cooler. Is this
normal
: operation? Or should the entire coil be uniformly cold?
: