Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Plumbing - Pipe size question

The smaller pipe reduces the effective pressure due to friction
loss. Larger pipe will give you far better performance.

Yes, use the larger pipe.

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

wrote in message
ups.com...
: Here's a general plumbing question for the group:
:
: I have a home built circa 1920 and the water main was recently
: upgraded to a 3/4" copper pipe. Yet all the copper inside the
house
: is 1/2". I am going to be redoing my kitchen and bathrooms,
and am
: considering replacing all the 1/2" pipe with 3/4". Is this
upgrade
: worth doing? The challenge is that the water pressure coming
in off
: the street is fairly low, and I am concerned that adding a
larger pipe
: will only decrease the water pressure that much more.
:
: Thoughts?
: