Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.building.construction
Thomas G. Marshall Thomas G. Marshall is offline

Default Need to stain Creative Playthings playset outside....

We have a large Creative Playthings playset in the yard for the kids. It
was put in last year. Looks like it was stained with something ochre-red
semi-opaque.

The wood is starting to crack in places. They claim it is redwood/cedar.
Or perhaps "redwood cedar", I couldn't get a straight answer. I think the
salesman didn't know for sure, but he was like some of it is redwood, some
of it cedar. Whatever. (oye).

Is there a good outdoor stain that would minimize cracking that you believe
would be fine for children to play on? I don't want a full opaque, because
I really like seeing the wood grain.

TIA!