Posted to alt.home.repair
Mikepier Mikepier is offline

Default Window AC in a through wall sleeve

On May 26, 1:10 am, wrote:
For anyone out there with AC installation experience, is it possible
to use a window AC unit in a through-wall sleeve? I purchased a
through wall unit, but it is smaller than the current one I have in
there by about 2 in x 3 in, and I am not sure about the depth.

If I can, what do I need to do do modify the window one.

Thanks.

I know you can't use a window unitt hrough a sleeve because of grille
designs on the side of the unit, thus the sleeve will block the
grills, but I don't know about using a wall unit through a window. I
can't see why not.