Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob Bob is offline

Default Best time of year to remove dead branches from oak tree?

"Mark Lloyd" wrote in message
On Fri, 25 May 2007 04:18:46 -0600, "Bob"

wrote:

"Phisherman" wrote in message
. ..

[snip]

In our area (TX), there are primarily "Live Oaks" that keep their
leaves all winter and shed in the spring as they put on new
leaves.

The people across the street (east Texas) have a couple of
30-year-old live oaks. The shed in the fall too, and those tough
narrow leaves are hard to clean up. They wish they hadn't been
told
that live oaks make good shade trees.

[snip]

I learn something everyday. I'm from south and central TX, and the
Live Oaks around here don't shed in the fall season.

Yep, the leaves are a bit tough but I just leave them and the mower
shreds them after a few mowings and the grass grows through them and
the leaves rot away under the tree.

Bob-tx

Bob-tx