Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Default Musing about rcw. What a grand forum!

On May 25, 5:28 pm, Lobby Dosser
wrote:
(Arch) wrote:
I think we owe many thanks to those here that push the envelope and to
the others that open it and post their thoughtful opinions (often
contrary) of the contents.
Sorry I got out of the box only to get up on a soapbox. Forgive.

It needed to be said. Thanks and Amen!

I second that, Arch. Well said.

I think over the years I have learned more here, seen the limits
stretched farther and have been entertained more about woodturning
than anywhere else.

Over the years there have been some real characters here, some are
gone, and some still stick their heads in every once in a while like
Ruth Niles. I still remember when she was turning on the old Sears
monotube about 8 - 9 years ago. Now she is a nationally known turner,
and I am sure her busy schedule as much as anything keeps her from
posting like she used to.

And like others, she has other venues that she posts to and keeps up
with. I actually still like this meeting place better than some of
the others simply because it is unmoderated. A lot of the time, it
just seems like a more honest forum than the moderated blogs or
hosting sites.

I'm always hoping for new blood, and always hoping for some of the
readers of this newgroup to jump in. The new blood is good and keeps
the interest level up.

Thanks for bringing this up, Arch. Like many, I sure feel like you
have been a real valuable asset with your musings to get us to think a
little more about what we are doing and how we are doing it.

Thanks for letting me use your box. ;^)

Robert