Posted to uk.d-i-y
elpee elpee is offline

Default MOVING sockets in the kitchen

Me again.

With all the regulations am I allowed to simply move sockets/switches
in the kitchen? - I am not adding spurs or so - simply relocating
sockets. We will take plasterboard walls down and then sockets/
switches will be dangling in the air obviously in need of fixing
somewhere else.

May I shorten an exiting cable ?

May I extend an exiting cable ?

After the work is done I'll have a leccy coming in in connection with
relocating an outside meter box.

The reason for all these questions is because I have got a quote of a
little over 2500 GBP for moving about 5 sockets, - shifting the CU 1/2
meter to the left and reconnecting the wiring to the outside meterbox
after the supplier has moved it less than a meter. - I though that was
a bit expensive and want to do as much as I can myself - I have wired
a whole loft conversion already ( 8 double sockets and some1, 2 and 3
way switches) - so I need a leccy to test and issue a minor works
certificate for that as well. BTW how much can I expect to pay for
that ?

Cheers
Larry