Posted to alt.home.repair
Dan Dan is offline

Default Question about cutting ABS drain pipe

"Lawrence" wrote in message
The black plastic pipe you talk about must be polyethelene pipe. Poly
pipe can be easily cut with a hand tool designed for that purpose.
It is the same type of tool used to cut any type of plastic pipe.
Looks like a pair of scissors and has one sharp blade, not expensive,
makes a nice square cut. Link:

http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/...ctId=100032341

If the clearance don't allow for that tool then you can use a
reciprocating saw or even a hacksaw. If you decide you don't want to
cut it then any kind of fittings are available for poly pipe.

Thanks for the replies. I got it together using the stub sticking out of
the wall which existed after I hacksawed the elbow off that was there.
There was JUST enough. As Lawrence said the black pipe is PVC. 1st time
I've dealt with it, the primer & glue routine (nasty stuff!) though I've
seen it done countless times on home shows. Everything works great, looks
great & NO LEAKS! And the disposal drain was plenty high - I had to buy an
extender for the outlet tube for it to reach low enough!

Thanks again

Dan