Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

Default The reason for Home Depot Plywood Lack of Quality

B A R R Y wrote in
:

On Sat, 26 May 2007 00:09:47 GMT, Han wrote:

Of course, gasoline here in the US is still
very cheap compared to Europe - about Euro 1.42 per liter in
Wageningen, Netherlands. If I calculate correctly, that comes to
~US$7.30 per gallon, or more than twice the price in North Jersey.

Don't most european countries subsidize mass transit (railroads) with
gas taxes? I remember hearing this in Switzerland, but was under
the impression many European countries do the same.

Actually, not a bad idea, at least for the northeast, southeast,
Chicagoland, and So Cal. US.

A simple 1 hour train ride during rush hour in the Netherlands (Ede-Wag to
Amsterdam Central) costs euro 11.80 (~US$ 15.93).

On NJTransit, during rush hour, Allendale to NY Penn (also about 1 hr)
costs $8.00.

Who is subsidizing more?

--
Best regards