Old Nick

Default Chain tensioner ideas

On Wed, 24 Mar 2004 13:10:25 -0000, "John Manders"
vaguely proposed a theory
.......and in reply I say!:

I did see a plastic tensioner some while ago that would work for you. I
looked like a thin walled plastic sprocket that sits between the two chain
runs. It is compressed to an oval shape and pushes the two sides of the
chain apart.
Hope I have managed to describe it OK.

John

You could also make a floating tensioner like this
http://www.tonysbuggypage.btinternet...tensioner.html

Tricky! Unfortunately, while it's very elegant, it allows too much
movement of the whole chain on both sides for my purposes. But handy
to remember for other times....

..........no I'm not!

Does Bill Gates dream of electronic sheep?