Posted to rec.woodworking
dadiOH dadiOH is offline

Default Home Depot Plywood Quality

wrote:

I fear that if I go to my hardwood supplier though, his $60 a sheet
birch won't be that much better.

That rather depends upon the grade he is selling. Each face of
plywood is graded just as are other wood materials and you get what
you pay for. All plywood face veneers are skimpy now, have been for a
long time. The days of 1/24 are long gone, welcome 1/42 and skinnier.

Another consideration is how the face veneer has been cut...most
economical method and therefore the most common (nearly universay at
DIY stores) is rotary. Generally unatractive. There are also flat
cut and quartered, book or slip matched in either.

--

dadiOH

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...
Get it at