Posted to uk.d-i-y
raden raden is offline

Default OT ish Darwin Award

In message , Lobster
writes
The Medway Handyman wrote:
Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Fri, 25 May 2007 20:34:35 +0100, The Medway Handyman wrote:

Translated; we had a 53 year old man with difficulty in breathing,
so we used a respirator, got him in the ambulance & took him to
hospital using blue lights & sirens. The rest of the shift was
patient transfers.
I'd check the accuracy of "blued him in" meaning the use of lights *&*
sirens. Last I heard they rarely use sirens when they have some one on
board as it scares the crap out 'em: "****, sirens, I must be in a
*REALLY* bad way".

Quite right. Sirens are standard proceedure with cat a & b red
calls. Normal 'nee nah' unless they approach a hazzard like traffic
signals, roundabouts - in which case they use the 'machine gun'
repeater. With a cat a or b red call the patient is usualy
completely out of it. They use blues only for lesser emergency's.

We live on a main road which is the regular route to the local
hospital... typically the sirens wail as they travel out of town, ie on
their way to the incident; and are silent on the return when the punter
is on board.

Should that not be "stakeholder" in NuLabia speak ?

--
geoff