Larry Jaques

Default OT - Lennox Furnaces

On Wed, 24 Mar 2004 17:34:11 GMT, am (Laurie Forbes)
brought forth from the murky depths:

I have a high efficiency furnace myself - started with a Carrier but
had to send it back because of a noisy draft inducer.

The only noise I hear is the sound of the air through the
ES intake filter in the hall ceiling. It's wonderful!

Sitting in the living room (the furnace is directly over
the wall separating the kitchen from the LR), I can hear
it start up, but that's quieter than a car passing by. I
can hear it only when there is no other noise in the house.

I looked at Trane (my second choice), ....

A Trane is what I tried next - draft inducer noise still bugs me

Is that the smaller fan which starts before the main blower
kicks in? I can hardly tell it's on before hearing the
rush of air for the main blow.

sometimes but it was not as bad as the Carrier (its the variable speed
aspect of it that seems to create reasonances and buzzes). The blower
motor (constant speed type) is quite quiet however.

What was the price difference? Mine's a 1,700sf shop with
attached house.

I survived the D.C. Blizzard of 2003 (from Oregon)