Posted to alt.home.repair
TBone TBone is offline

Default 65 gal propane tank: How full?

Easily but I would set up to get a delivery.

"Dan" wrote in message
"Richard J Kinch" wrote in message
. ..
Dan writes:

It has a pressure
guage that shows about 18 PSI at the moment. Given that the guage
goes up to around 100 psi, I'm guessing this ain't toooo full.

The pressure gage reads only the saturation vapor pressure of the

liquid,
not the level of the liquid in the tank. The two are independent.

OK I'm an idiot. After looking at the web site for the propane company, I
realized the gauge doesn't read in PSI, it is a float gauge that reads in

%
full. So the tank has about 18% of 65 gallons, or about 12 gallons.

Should
be enough to get through the weekend, anyway ;-)

Thanks to all who replied.

Dan