Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default Home Depot Plywood Quality

wrote in message

You know, as a sidebar to this, Home Depot sold quality plywood a few
years ago. (5?- 7?) It was the same stuff I got at my hardwoods guy,
even the same stamps sometimes. It was just a about 20% less.

You're right ... last time I got good Oak 3/4" ply from HD was around 2002.
IIRC, it was around $42/sheet, which was a pretty good price at the time,
void free, relatively thick veneer compared to the higher wood boutique
prices, and much heavier than what they sell as plywood at any BORG today.

I just got a quote from my hardwood dealer yesterday for 3/4"x4x8 A1 rift
sawn red oak - $115.95/sheet; up $11/sheet since I bought the last load just
about one year ago.

Inflation? ... what inflation?

--
www.e-woodshop.net