Posted to rec.woodworking
LRod LRod is offline

Default Acronyms & Slang ACRONYMS & SLANG FOR REC WOODWORKING

On 25 May 2007 08:25:53 -0700, Robatoy wrote:

On May 25, 10:16 am, LRod wrote:
On 25 May 2007 05:55:24 -0700, RayV wrote:

Coors Light

Isn't that redundant?

--

LOL...but try to think of Coors Heavy. Nummienums...all that flavour!
*rubbing my tummy and drooling in anticipation!*

Nummienums? Please. I recall the days when I was living in Illinois
(where we had to put up with Stroh's and Falstaff) and Coors was
legendary there. It was never sold east of the Mississippi in those
days, and I guess that must have made it seem mystical. However, when
I made my first trip to Denver and tried one out I thought, "what the
hell is the fuss about? This is like flavored water."

Once it eventually became available east of the river, I tried it
again with the same result. There is no Coors heavy. There's Coors
(translate to "Coors Lite") and then there's Coors Lite, which as I
say, is redundant. They could have perfectly described their
tasteless, body-less "light" offering just by saying Coors.

Is this Friday?

Yes.

--
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

http://www.woodbutcher.net

care to correspond with you anyway.