IMM

Default Condensing-combi boilers

"Sapient Fridge" wrote in message
Sorry if this is off topic for the group but several people in cam.misc
suggested you would be able to give better advice that they could. I do
a lot of my own DIY (which means I'll probably keep this group
subscribed now I've found it) but putting a new boiler in is too big a
job for me (I wouldn't have a clue as to what needs connecting to what)
so I'll be getting someone in to do it.

I'm about to have a new boiler in and the plumber is trying to persuade
me to put in a condensing-combi boiler. Apparently they heat up the
water on demand and are quite efficient but I've heard that they can be
slow to get going. Anyone know if that is a problem?

Currently we are looking at Vaillant.co.uk boilers:

http://tinyurl.com/o1er

Has anyone got one of these (or something similar) and if so then is it
any good?

Another thing I don't understand is the difference between the "high"
efficiency (ecoMAX) and the "standard" efficiency ("turboMAX"). More
efficient looks better on the face of it but what's the disadvantage?

Andy covered most, except, as usual, that high flowrate combi's can be had.
The most common 10-11 litres/min are fine for a one bath house that uses
showers a lot. If you want a zippo bath fillup then 16 litres/min and above
is what you go for. Alas, they are usually more expensive.

---