Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Michael Kennedy Michael Kennedy is offline

Default High pitch noise from PSU - not all the time

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message
Michael Kennedy wrote:

How do you solve this? Will a coat of varnish stop them from singing? I
have
a PSU that sings in the 14-16 khz range when it is in standby.

The first thing you have to do is find the exact source of the noise.
A piece of small flexible plastic tubing will help. Put one end in your
ear, and use the other to probe the inductors and other components to
determine which is causing the problem. Depending on what you find will
determine the next steps.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida

I guess the question was more out of curiosity rather than actually reparing
it. It will probably be months before I have time to mess with that psu.