Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Rick Rick is offline

Default High pitch noise from PSU - not all the time

wrote:

I have a new PC and it comes with a high pitch noise ! but it does
not occur all the time.
When I power up, I get the noise (more often than not). But if I reset
the PC a few times, it will go away. But sometimes, when I power up,
I don't get the noise.
So it's not permanent.

Would like to hear from you what could be wrong ? Thanks.

Without a better description of "high pitch noise" it could be anything.
Where is the noise coming from? (Please don't respond "the computer.")
Do you hear it from the speakers? Is it coming from the fan vents in the
power supply? Does it sound mechanical in nature - like a metal on metal
noise - or is it a high pitched squeal that changes pitch or volume
before it disappears?

Rick