Posted to alt.home.repair
Nancy Young Nancy Young is offline

Default Textured paint removal

"Colbyt" wrote

For Nancy: A skim coat is your best bet. If DIY lay broad strokes with
the knife flat leaving a space between the strokes smaller than the knife.
Knock of the ridges and fill in the gaps. You goal is to lay on no more
than 1/8" in the smoothest stoke possible. Leaving a gap the first time
around helps you keep things level and minimizes any sanding you will have
to do. The flatter the dry wall knife is to the wall the more compound you
apply. I think it took about 10 gallons to do a 14x18 room the last time I
did it.

Great information, thank you!

nancy