Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Gary Tait Gary Tait is offline

Default 1981 Delco radio repair

billccm wrote in
oups.com:

On May 23, 7:57 am, Gary Tait wrote:
Check the 5V regulator on the ETR board. Also, you need to feed it
continuous 12V on the separate two connector lead, on the orange
wire.- Hide quoted text -

Hey, Thanks Gary. I thought that might be a separate connector for the
power antenna. So I need to apply 12Vdc on both the input socket and
separate two conductor connector?

Yes. The orange wire is to power the continuos power from the radio. It
comes off the convenience circuit in the vehicle.

Any sources for a schematic?

Nope. I just play it by ear (so to speak). I have had my hands in a
number of the Delco ETR radios from the 1980s (as well as a number of
PLL and analog tuned low to mid end aftermarket car stereos), and the
are all fundamentally the same.

Thanks again for your time, Bill